BRAVIA S-Series Digital LCD Television
Amazon.com Product Description The sleekly styled, silver 32-inch Sony Bravia KDL32S2000 is packed with the latest high-performance video features, including a wide viewing angle, blazing fast 8ms response time (great for sports and action movies), and a wide color gamut backlight that provides more natural skin tones and highly accurate overall color reproduction. It also offers integrated HDTV capabilities (with an integrated ATSC tuner), digital HDMI video connectivity, and a bottom speaker design that helps save space. The thin profile of this Bravia TV accommodates VESA compliant mounting systems (separately available). The removable pedestal swivels 30 degrees left and right and also tilts forward 3 degrees and backward 8 degrees for additional placement flexibility.
|With clean lines and styling, Bravia TVs look great in any room, either on a stand or mounted on the wall.|
Like other TVs in the Bravia line, the KDL32S2000 uses Sony’s Wide Color Cold Compact Fluorescent Light (WCG-CCFL) to display a color gamut almost 30 percent larger than a conventional CCFL display, which results in deeper reds, more vivid greens, and cleaner blues. It also offers a high response time (also referred to as refresh rate) of 8 milliseconds (ms), which is able to clearly portray fast-moving images across the screen with well-defined edges and without ghosting (streaking or shadowing). The set’s Light Sensor feature intelligently adjusts the screen brightness to match the ambient light in a room, ensuring a comfortable viewing experience.
BRAVIA televisions’ new Super-Patterned Vertical Alignment (S-PVA) panels divide pixels into more segments than was possible with PVA (Pattered Vertically Aligned) technology. These segments have an incredibly fast 8-millisecond response time that increases the television’s refresh rate. Dividing the pixel display into more segments also allows a cleaner break between dark and light pixels, improving viewing angles, color, and contrast.
It also features the latest in Sony’s unique S-PVA (Super Patterned Vertical Alignment) LCD panel technology, which divides each sub-pixel into two segments per color for a more refined consistency in colors, contrast, and brightness at wide viewing angles. This seventh generation Sony LCD panel was specially crafted at Sony’s plant and produced from one of the world’s biggest mother glass (a huge sheet of glass that can be divided to create multiple LCD panels).
The KDL32S2000 has a 1366 x 768-pixel resolution, 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio, 178-degree viewing angle, and 1300:1 contrast ratio. (The higher the contrast ratio, the greater a TV’s ability to display subtle color details and not get washed out by ambient room light.) The Cinemotion 3:2 pulldown cinema video processing detects and compensates film–which is shot at 24 frames per second (fps) compared with video’s 30 fps rate–to video for a smooth theaterlike experience at home. The 3D digital comb filter offers 10-bit signal processing that renders superb gradation of grays, resulting in superior picture detail.
|Blurred image caused by motion artifacts due to slow panel response time of typical LCDs.|
|BRAVIA’s fast panel response time handles the motion in sports and video games|
Other convenience features include:
- WEGA GATE Easy Operation Guide allows you to easily navigate to the most convenient TV functions: favorite channels, TV channel list, external input list, or settings.
- Favorite Channels with the WEGA GATE function, allows you to navigate a list of up to 16 favorite channels without leaving the current channel.
- Wide Screen Mode allows you to watch 4:3 normal broadcasts in wide screen mode (16:9 aspect ratio).
- Parental Control (V-Chip) helps parents monitor what their children watch on TV by establishing rating limits.
- Caption Vision/Info Banner allows closed caption and/or channel programming information to be displayed.
- The Freeze Function temporarily freezes the picture in a separate screen while the programming continues to display, which can come in handy when you want to copy a recipe, phone number, etc. that flashes too quickly across your screen.
It pumps out 20 watts of audio power via its integrated bottom-aligned stereo speakers (10 watts per channel). It has a built-in Dolby Digital decoder (for connecting to a surround sound home theater receiver) and it can also produce SRS TruSurround XT virtual 5.1-channel surround sound from its two speakers. This set offers the following connection options:
- Composite (RCA audio/video): 3 inputs (1 on the side)
- S-Video: 2 inputs (1 on the side)
- Component (Y/Pb/Pr): 2 inputs (with left/right audio jacks)
- HDMI: 1 input (with L/R RCA audio connections)
- PC: 1 D-Sub15 input (with L/R stereo mini plug connection)
- RF: 1 input
- Total audio inputs: 5 (1 side, 4 rear)
- Analog audio output: 1
- Digital audio ouput: 1
- Headphone: 1
HDMI is a lossless, uncompressed, all-digital audio/video interface to link any audio/video source (such as a set-top box, DVD player, or AV receiver) with your TV–all over a single cable. HDMI supports standard, enhanced or high definition video, plus multi-channel digital audio on a single cable. It supports all ATSC formats–standard (SDTV), enhanced (EDTV), and high (HDTV).
Component video (also called Y/Pb/Pr) features a three-jack video input, which provides separate connections for luminance (Y), blue color difference (PB) and red color difference (PR). This results in increased bandwidth for color information, resulting in a more accurate picture with clearer color reproduction and less bleeding than you would get with S-Video or composite (RCA yellow video plug) connections. You will need a separate RCA left/right audio cable for sound.
TruSurround XT audio adds three new audio enhancement technologies to produce an amazingly immersive sound experience.
- Dialog Clarity brings movie dialog into focus during the playback of any surround-encoded material to make speech much clearer and crisper.
- TruBass creates incredible deep rich bass allowing a person to perceive significantly deeper, richer low bass tones that are far beyond the physical low frequency capabilities of the speaker itself.
- The SRS WOW feature widens the soundstage by processing standard two-channel stereo material as well as multi-channel encoded material for a dramatic improvement in the playback of any stereo audio over a two-speaker system.
And in case you were wondering, BRAVIA is short for “Best Resolution Audio Visual Integrated Architecture.”
What’s in the Box
32-inch Bravia LCD television, tabletop stand, remote control (with batteries), coaxial cable, HD15-to-HD15 cable, printed operating instructions
1 year for parts and labor; in-home diagnostic warranty service for one year (for LCD TVs from the Bravia S-Series measuring over 30 inches)
High-performance 32-inch LCD TV with integrated HDTV tuner; measures 31.25 x 23.6 x 8.6 inches (WxHxD) with included stand
Wide color gamut produces deeper reds, more vivid greens, and cleaner blues; 3D digital comb filter; Cinemotion 3:2 pulldown
1366 x 768-pixel resolution, super-fast 8ms response time, 1300:1 contrast ratio
Connections: 3 composite A/V (1 side), 2 S-Video (1 side), 2 component (Y/Pb/Pr), 1 HDMI, 1 RF
Two stereo speakers, 10 watts apiece (20 watts total); Dolby Digital decoding and SRS TruSurround XT virtual surround